This means: Istac confirms its support of the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact and its compliance with the 17 goals.
The United Nations Global Compact is the world's largest and most important initiative for responsible corporate governance. Based on ten universal principles and the Sustainable Development Goals, it pursues the vision of an inclusive and sustainable global economy. Ten principles:
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
5. the effective abolition of child labor; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.